Friday, March 7, 2008

Mrs. B - #1 - Writing Territories

1. I like to read short stories. They are usually very quaint and cute. They send good messages that are straight to the point. I'm not very good at writing poems and I don't like to read novels. I don't like to write poems because I usually can't think of what to write about. I'm not good at rhyming words and I can't think of creative ideas when it comes to writing poems. I like writing short stories becaues you can think of a message to write about and usually get it to the point by the end. They are fun to read, too. I don't write a lot outside of school. I wish I did, but I never think of writing outside of school. I'm usually busy with work and other homework, but maybe this weekend I'll take a couple of minutes to write something good. I like writing about topics that are in my life right now. I like writing about spring break trips, mystery stories, and problems that occur in peoples' lives.

2. I am going to tell you about my trip to New York last February. I went to New York City with three of my friends and we took a self defense class. It was the best week ever! We got to miss school to shop in New York. We left very early on a Wednesday morning. Everyone was excited because we had never all been together on a plane. We got breakfast at caribou and then got on the plane. We met everyone around us on the plane because we were very loud. Some people liked that, some people didn't. Once we got to New York, my aunt had a limo pick us up from the airport and take us to her house. The limo was a fun surprise and we had a lot of fun in it. We stayed at my aunts house in New York City. It is right across the street from the Met. With the house's perfect location, it made it very easy to find our way around. In New York, we shopped, ate at amaing restaurants, and met very fun people. The class that we did was a self defense class and it was amazing. Jennifer Lopez and Jennifer Aniston had taken the same class from the same teacher as us. The class taught us what to do in different situations. There was a man who was dressed in football attire -- pads and a helmet to protect him. We got to hit him as hard as we could. We learned different moves to do if someone attacked us from behind, if we were woken up and someone was above us, and if we were approached by someone in the street. The class was very valuable and it taught our reflexes to react immediately. Recently, my friend Abbey was approached by someone at a party. The guy came up behind her and was joking to scare her. She instantly did one of the moves and knocked the guy off of his feet. It was the funniest thing ever, but she reacted as if she were being attacked. She apologized to the guy and felt very bad. However, it was good that she knew how to react if someone attempted to attack her. This trip was the best trip of my life. I got to be in a wonderful city with my wonderful friends. It was great!

4 comments:

siena said...

Your trip sounds like a lot of fun, especially the self defense class! You probably got to see so much in New York and just have a blast with lots of friends! I agree with what you said about how it is fun to write short stories and how it's hard to find time to write outside of school because there is never enough time.

kelsey said...

I agree with you that poetry is hard to write! And your trip sounds absolutely wonderful! That is so funny about Abbey. Now people know not to mess with her. But the trip sounds so cool because it was a mixture of learning new things and relaxing with your friends somewhere new.

Adele said...

I also do the same thing when writing a stories, which is writing something that is going on in my life at that time! That trip sounds like it was alot of fun!

Pimpin' All Over the World said...

nice lindsey. you know you've done that too. anyway yeah that trip was one of the best trips ive ever been on. lets do it again soon. : ) and we WILL be going to the cabin every weekend this summer.